Thursday, September 4, 2014

It's that time of year again - SCHOOL!! (Along with several random photos collected over the last several months!)

Jacob is ready to go back to school. 

How do I know?  Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist this morning.  We were taking his big sister, Courtney to her 2nd day of kindergarten.  Parking is pretty bad at Court's school, so we had to park a ways away and then walk.  As we waited at the crosswalk, several large, yellow school buses passed us and Jacob began jumping up and down and grunting like a monkey.
A couple of times, he tried to run to the bus's doors so that he could climb on.  After my heart stopped once too many times, I grabbed him and put him on my hip to carry the rest of the way to the school.  

Once inside the school, I put him down to walk next to me. He yanked his hand out of mine, and began running down the hall, grinning from ear to ear.  Finally, half way down the hall, I caught up with him - After he'd made 3 new friends, of course.  

We discovered that his big sister was supposed to start the day at the playground to wait until the bell rang, so we took her outside to the toys.  Again, Jacob began jumping up and down excitedly (his 'happy dance'). However, much to his dismay, rather than letting him play with the other kids and climb all over the toys, I was cruel enough to walk him away from the playground!

Thus ensued a world-class tantrum including throwing himself onto the ground, wailing like he was being tortured, and laying limp on the wet grass as I tried to pull him to a standing position.  Needless to say, he was not happy.  (By the way, the pull-up on his head in the picture above is CLEAN - just in case you were wondering.)


Eventually, I wound up putting Jake back on my hip and carrying him back to the car, listening to him whimper each time a bus drove by us again.  (The picture above is Jacob, drawn by his big sister)




By the time he got home, Jacob was furious at me.  Apparently, he doesn't like to be teased with the hope of going back to school only to have his hopes snatched from him.  Who wants to spend the day with your mother anyway??

Lucky for us, Jake's school starts next Tuesday.  Woot! Woot!
I don't know whose happier.  Jacob or me?

I'll give you three guesses. 

No comments: