Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No News is Good News

Christmas was wonderfully uneventful at the Allred home this year!

 Down Right Living: Courtney loved opening presents on Christmas. Jacob laid on my chest as we watched our children and family open presents. Particularly fun was watching Courtney, our 19-month-old, open presents. Last year SHE was the baby in my arms as presents were being opened. But this year she discovered Christmas in full force!  The entire time we opened presents she was squealing with delight and we'd hear a chorus of, "Oh my goodness!", "Awesome!!!", "So Pretty!", and so much more!  I wish I'd had enough forethought to break out the camcorder for the event.  That little girl was in her element!  And it seems that each and every present she opened was received with the most enthusiastic squeals.  I don't think there was a single present she received that she didn't absolutely adore. Watching Courtney open presents with all of her enthusiasm was absolutely precious!


As for the rest of the day, it was wonderfully low-key.  I had spent much of the few days prior to Christmas secretly holding my breath that Jacob wouldn't suddenly find himself in the hospital again. So when Christmas came and went, I was able to sigh with relief and silently give thanks to Heavenly Father for the little miracles in our life.  Especially since December 26th, I came down with the crud.

 Down Right Living: Jacob broke 10 lbs! He is now heavy enough for heart surgery.So, Monday I dutifully called our pediatrician to have her check on Jacob (with the sheer amount of time I've been holding him, there was NO WAY that little boy was not going to get what I seemed to have caught). In deed, Jacob did have a small cold, but so far there is nothing to worry about and we just needed to break out a humidifier and keep an eye on him. Yesssss!!  I'll take "relatively healthy" any day!


Oh, and he BROKE 10 LBS!!!! :)

Our little boy is now 10 lbs 2 1/2 oz.

Yay!!!

 Allred Hearts:  Help us help others with congenital heart defects.  Donate today!
Help us help others with congenital heart defects.  Donate Today!!

No comments: